Friday 25 April 2014

The end of the road

Its been reaaaalllly a while.

10 pounds have been gained (I blame my Spain/Portugal trip), my boyfriend has cme and gone and I'm finally riding my bike with some semblance of finesse and frequency. 

Yesterday the 24th was my last day of work. Hoorah for that. Being an assistant is definitely good if you like mind numbing drone like work and this generation of teens scare me dearly but its over now. No more listening to "madame comment dire avec? " Jeeezus. The struggle has been real for the last month.

But now it is basically over. ive always prided myself on my ability to not be homesick. Well this ability flew out the window this time. I am hella ready. after 8 months. im done. i dont know how other caribnean people put themselves  through this. But..id rather be home doing nothing lolol.

But alas..you know we love to end things off with a BANG and so .. Im in Crete!    I AM BEYOND EXCITED. lolol

Ever since I was a (very) young girl ive been fascinated with the greek islands. not Athens.  Specifically Crete. I have no clue why. Now I am here I realise that I was definitely on to something. 

I myself was a bit nervous coming to Greece as we know how much they loooove black people (not) but boy oh boy was I  wrong. These people know hospitality and how to get the money from your coiffers. But they are so good, I dont even mind.

My flight arrived late last night (thanks for the tardiness Ryanair) and of course I took the bus from the airport .only 2€30 and got a bit lost whilst looking for my lodgings. But thank god these Chanians are the way they are. my host at Stoa ros is amazing. Great, jovial, dry humour and left a huge bottle of alcohol in my mini fridge for me. A fridge I wasnt even expecting at € 30/night. Walked into my room and saw two huge beds . When I reminded my host that it's just me he responded " I want you to be prepared.you may go out on the town and meet someone or several someones". After I picked my jaw off from the floor and checked out of the bathroom I was ready for a walkabout.

Negating my little embarassing moment when I banged on the wrong door of a building thinking it was my hotel. ..moving on lolo.  Chania harbour is beautiful.  The streets are narrow and you can  tell that's more or less untouched since the first Minoans ( I think ) from 2000 years ago.

I had a gyro with yogurt that was ok. Simple in taste but I am still yet to wrap my head around the concept of a healthy gyro lolol.

Today. Today. Today. I am definitely not much of a shopper but Chania is hella cheap . I did get bullied by a grandpa into buying some stuff..but in my defense he did scare the crap out of. me lolol. But soaps , body things, bags. cheap.

Lunch was...an adventure.  I heard of this place from another blog thats right on the harbour close to where the trail to the. lighthouse begins. Vasiliko. Well yes. If you wsnt a tour of the chef s kitchen,  ask how fresh the fish is. Every fridge was opened and I was shown the catch of the day all gutted and wonderfully dead and of course....fresh.

So for 17euro I had. Bread. Some kinda spinach green business in olive   oil and grilled sardines.  I am no sardine fan. But I am sure one now. 2 unwanted but free shots of some local shot...will get the name soon and an unwanted but free bowl of ice cream and of course my very own bottle of local Alfa beer. light just enough for a girlie girl like me .

Tomorrow we are off to Santorini!!! My expectations are high!

No comments:

Post a Comment