Sunday 13 October 2013

A Quick dash to Montpellier

This is going to be a quick post as the Nimoise air has me sleeping promptly at 9pm (it's the air, not my granniness that is the cause of this).

On the 11th, all of the assistants had to make the trek to Montpellier to attend our workshop/training. This was very bizarre to me as most of us started working on the 1st! I  guess it is the french way to train AFTER you've started working :s. So after an early morning, stolen train cables (I swear!!) and trekking around Montpellier in 9 degree weather, we arrive to our training where I learned exactly 2 things. So...success?

So! while in montpellier, I decided to grab the opportunity to discover the town! So after seeking solace in a nearby monoprix (this winter thing is sooo overrated...seriously), standing in line in front of a surprisingly smelly french man and turning up my nose at young people going to drink alcohol (Im still wondering who's stolen my body/brain), stef and I decided to take a walking tour of the city at 10pm at night. Stef seems to love these rambling tours...sigh...my granny gene..*cough* I mean the nimoise air really made it hard for me, but alas! We did it and started the morning early with some YUMMY Pain nimoise from Paul, another newly discovered 'problem' and an early saturday morning market in the suburbs of montpellier!

My trip in pictures!!

1 comment: