Thursday 6 June 2019

Touch down - SXM

I really need to get back into the groove of blogging.

Today was Day 1 (June 3) of what I expected to be buckling down and getting to work.

Jokes.

As per usual in the Caribbean, room not ready, no computers, no phone for another *gasp* two weeks.

Cue the two hour lunch break for my boss and I at a lovely sea side restaurant near to the cruise ship complex.

I'm back at my very "rustic" airbnb and.tonight im going to attempt to take a sweat..I.e.my long lost love...vball.

Cut to two days ago, we arrive in Sint Maarten after an early start after a greuling 5 day conference in Barbados. After more than 3 hours on a plane where CAL only dispenses ONE cup of juice (shame on you CAL), we arrive to the unfriendly face of immigration and customs...

That hurdle crossed, SXM small. If it wasnt so hilly and I wasnt such a big chicken and a baby, I'd have bought a bicycle. Locals keep reciting the same rhyme. 37km2 and 45000 ppl.

Thats half the size of tobago and 1/3 of the population.

Yeah..it chinksy. But for the moment, I'm staying a stone's throw away from the beach in my "rustic accommodation"...and the only commitment that I've made thus far is to take a sea bath once per week (not into the washing hair business).

Well..till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment