Sunday 30 June 2019

Where dreams come true

I've finally done it!!

Since 2014, I've been pining for it.
Wanting it

But I was always waaay too poor for it

But I'm not now! Because they are CHEAP AS HELL in St Maarten...well to be precise...St Barthélemy.

I got my Mini Cooper convertible!!!

A 2013 car, easily sells for 18,000-20,000US in Trinidad.
But in so barth? No no nooooo
A quick €8600 ($9600) + €163 ferry ride over and your dreams too can come true!! Mini Cooper taste with Nissan Note pocket!!

Not being new to the buying used car business (I buy all my cars used...to varying degrees), Ive embarked on my usual pattern.

Change oil, oil filter, air filter, get it cleaned, get it detailed...make it mine.

I seemed to have forgotten than SXM has no "bamboo". So whilst I got the oil and oil filter faaairlly easily, the brake pads ( according to the Controle Technique of the car) which needs replacing is but a dream in SXM. So all.in all.I need to order brake pads, air filters, cabin filters..the whole lot. I also want to bring in new emblems for the front of the car as the old one is super faded (is it worth the $40 you tell me).

So this weekend is FULLY of activity.
Got the car from over on.french side yesterday, spent all morning this morning taking out the filthy never been changed oil to my castrol 5W30...so I'm sure this car feels as if she's entered a spa.
Im starting to move in my stuff to the house tomorrow!!! (I move in monday) (Sayanara crappy room in a great location!!)

Tomorrow night is my first soca fete on the island...annnd Im also going to hit up a garage sale (old habits die hard) as I need a patio set aaaaand some decor.

As you see there's a common thread here...$$
From the car, mechanic, fete and to moving in...
But I have this total feeling of excitement..perhaps its the freedom that having a car (finally) affords

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment