Tuesday 17 September 2013

Street Walking and Rambling in Central London

Yesterday, in London, I did a bit of rambling...and streetwalking.

This is my week to relax, decompress and notice the varying shades of green before I head to France into the unknown. It is also my week to prepare for an out of left field interview to Australia!

So with that in mind, I decided to utilise my Monday wisely. By walking aimlessly.

Yes I had errands to do, but, instead of taking the tube and sprinting for doors like the average Londoner, I decided to take a stroll. A pretty long one.

So I walked from Ladbroke Grove, all the way to Notting Hill Gate. Visited the Post Office and the Bank (Trinidad you have LOTS to learn), took a walk through Kensington Gardens where I was greeted by magnificent blue skies and men coated in solid gold sitting on high chairs waving about a match stick.

I also stumbled upon some celebrity gathering. However, as I am not a Brit nor watch British television, the excitement was lost on me. Moving on...

After I passed the two stones rubbing heads, hail, Mighty HAIL came down and I was forced to take cover under some trees with my umbrella. Some minutes into waiting for Mother Nature's display of showwomanism, I see a petite pixie girl running in the hail storm seeking shelter.
Poor thing.
There are a group of us under the trees; some Brits and myself. The Brits look at her with sympathy, I head on over and share my umbrella with her. Only to find out she's a tourist from Norway and does not know the code of travelling in London.

1 Umbrella
1 Oyster Card
1 Hand Sanitizer

Cameras, food, water are all moot when travelling in a tourist town full of coughing, sneezing and acts of rain and hail.
So we both rambled and streetwalked with each other, all the way to Marble Arch station where we said our goodbyes.

I hope she listens to a well travelled young girl from the Caribbean!

No comments:

Post a Comment