Tuesday 17 September 2013

Virtual duplicity - The Curveball Chronicles

"The UCL Australia Santos Scholarships for 2014 Panel met today to consider applications. The ranking was based on academic standing, potential/motivation and quality of the essay. The selection process proved to be very difficult with a large number of high quality applications received from many different countries. 
Having said that we are pleased to advise that you have been shortlisted for interview. "

Uuuh what?? Having forgotten about this school, far less SCHOLARSHIP that I've applied for since May, the news took me for a tailspin. Why you ask?

1. OMG! I am so excited! Masters No. 2!
2. OMG! What am I going to do! The first semester in Australia starts in February!

As my contract in france ends in April. This is a huge  blow to my plans and visions of partying in Croatia in June, Mediterranean Cruises, and overall short pants and tee shirt weather.

But! given the opportunity, you have to prepare.

So, instead of bursting with excitement, gusto, fear for what is to come in France, I have now adopted a reproachful, clinical, persona that is me when there is work to get done.


"To is , is to must to is"

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment