Friday, 28 August 2026

and now my cornerstone is missing...sigh

My bestie Dwayne is angry with me.

Correction. He's pissed.

Not sure if we will come back from this.

All for a decision I made that he did not like. The burden of this car may be such that the candle costing more than the funeral.

For me the decision was to avoid a repeat of the car being towed on Sunday night. Once recouped he gave 3 sets of advice 

1. Put it back in the handicap parking spot immediately.
2. Call the number on the yellow paper
3. Get evidence that the licence plate is exempt
4. Put the magnetic decal on to de-commercialise the vehicle.

To avoid a repeat tow that same night, I wanted to get 2 and 3 done before doing 1. As I didn't want to be blamed for not following advice. 4 came through courtesy of Amazon 2 days later.

I fear this was a gauntlet I was never intended to pass. Especially as the condo office explicitly told me upon return ...park in the yellow spot.

So now I'm gripped by anxiety of having this tow happen again and the inconvenience and expense of it being a burden. 
So..i parked in the yellow spot, between two cars until 4 showed up as I couldn't get 2 and 3 done.

Wrong decision apparently.
Gauntlet failed and in retrospect, I would have failed all options as the margins were very narrow for success. I have to get 2 through 4 done immediately to be able to do 1. 3 is still outstanding and I refuse to have a repeat of what happened on Monday with getting this car out of the tow place in Hollywood.

However I have to box this one up with many of life's disappointments unfortunately.  

Because right now. 

I'm literally fighting for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment