Thursday, 20 August 2026

one down, eleven (speaking into being) to go!

So today....was LIFT OFF!

Started the day at 7.30am as we arrived at Baptist for my 8am ultrasound. 
As usual the staff from baptist are AMAAAZING! 
Ultrasound tech was a complete sweetheart. She read through my entire history!  A few laughs, a baby wipe and a Portable deodorant wipe (ps those don't work) later. We were upstairs for day 1.

Not a payment taken or made today!small wins!

Anyways..I don't know what state or frame of mind I'm in but I can tell you..my ass is goofy today. My brain is treating this as a new adventure I'm going on where I get to where a space hat 🤣 

Labs with a blood draw and 15 minutes later, we meet Manny..I hope I have Manny EVERY TIME! THOROUGH, KNOWLEDGEABLE AND MY SPIRIT ANIMAL!! We all even paused for a cause so I can cop 2 tickets for Janet Jackson 40 on Dec 12! 300  BUCKEROOS A POP!

ANYWAYS Prep this morning including condition and wet my hair PLUS wetting the durag I was wearing to keep it damp. Angela did another 2 rounds to SOAK my hair and the on popped the loaner cap (mine arrives tomorrow). its cold...I was concerned that it would be ridiculous..but it feels like when a brisk Scottish breeze blows through your hair. Or it could be that I only think my pain tolerance is low, when in fact it is quite high..who the hell knows. Lol


Anyways. Port in, pre nausea meds, steroid in and then comes the BLOOD of Jesus! For context the tumour that came out of me was ER 90%/PR 20% +, HER -. So ..hormone driven, BRCA gene negative with a KI67 of 70%,..I.e. aggressive. So that action plan is to hit it hard and fast....which is why...blood of Jesus

But I've been goofy all morning, laughing and chatting with manny and everybody. Including Sade who came to see me and met Angela too..I'd say day 1 is going cool.. but at the end of the day, we can only make the day based on how we approach it!

Several pees later including one strawberry red passing, and I'm still here at the infusion centre. I forsee I'll be done by 3. Home by 3.07pm. Hmmm

I should probably ask Manny if I can go for a walk later..esp as I have this steroid in me. Prob sweat out some of this bullshit. Lolol

Anyways...day 1 is almost done..let's see what my hypothesis about hydration and protein does for me...

On to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment