Wednesday, 19 August 2026

t minus lift off tomorrow

Well..with each day it gets real-er and real-er!

Yesterday was chemo education, paxman cool cap fitting and underarm biopsy all at baptist
With a stop at Anna's cafe of course 

Angela and I took the 7 minute drive to Baptist and arrived at 7.45am. I was mixed up with all these phone calls and texts so we were an hour early for our appointment. Not top much to mind because the facility is quite nice and waiting room wasn't too overwhelming.

Chemo education- done!
Paxman cold cap fitting (size L) done!
Interruption with call from plastic surgery office ..done!

We got to see the infusion area where I'll be receiving the meds to make me ALL better and then we took a freebee to Anna's for lunch with a short stop in publix for my sweet reward for handling the day. 

(I did see Angela tearing up a bit in the freebee after shakeitra asked how I was doing).

We were lucky that we were back in the hospital and waiting for my 2pm when they called and said they had a cancellation and can take me immediately! Yay me! 

After being PROPER drugged up on Lidocaine by tbe doctor doing the biopsy (she hates needles and I hate pain so I think she gave me a double dose), a round of laughs between the 4 of us in the room and all of us looking at the ultrasound thinking...there's no cancer in there, biopsy done, clip placed, area numb as hell.

The privilege of being able to just jump in the car and drive the 7 minutes back home is something Angela was thanking the Lord for bringing Dwayne into my life for.

Jokes on me though! Aaaaasss we buss through the door..I'm like..why is my lip feeling so numb? 15 minutes later. Why is my mouth so dry? Another 10 minutes...BITCH ARE YOU HIGH?

YES INDEED..MY ASS WAS HIGH FROM THE LIDOCAINE! LOL...powered through work but HAD to take a nap.
Woke up to realise I passed my PET scan (but looks like my fibroids may be back  womp womp) and the day ended on a good note...but then surprise surpriiiiisee, dwayne came to visit!

So a couple hours later hanging out on the sofa and I was AAAH SLEEP after the most awkward lower half shower ever!

I think I'm more resolved this morning. This ish is happening whether I like it or not...so just make up your mind and get to it. Who knows..my mind may change by the 3rd round of AC
But for now...it is what it is..get through it. Try to make the best of a shitty situation and keep it moving.

And as odko said...try to ensure you have things to look forward to. For me that would be college HBCU football AND Ms Janet on Dec 12 (I hope those tickets aren't a crazy price!)

Anyways Day before AC first dose! 
At this pt the cold cap may be more pressure than the AC! That ish is TIGHT and uncomfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment